Saturday, February 14, 2009

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Well it has been a very long time since I played any kind of video games.
It started with pinball "skylab" was the name of the game and it was in the back 
of Joe and Mary's luncheonette. I pumped a lot of coins into it.
then came a whole host of coin operated video games in several arcades from Cape
May to North Bergen and even 42ed street in the city. I really liked to play and I 
was not so bad either. And I even played pong on the tv ( didn't like it as much).
This was all during my grammer and high school years. Good by 70's and mid 80's.

I became Rip Van Winkle, in relation to video  games the late 80's to the mid 90's.

I woke up 2 years after the kids were born and I introduced them to pc game put- 
put saves the zoo. I played the lots of games with them and through them.  I didn't 
play for my self

In 2009 I was awaken to rejoin the game. I bought an X-BOX 360 for my own 
personal use. And I tried the game "End War".  It was much to complicated for an 
old fart like me.  After reading the manual and several long sessions, I realized that 
I was the equivalent to video age child. So I thus played a child's game Lego's 
Indiana Jones for children 10+ . This just so happens to be the same game as one of my 5-year old students is playing. He sings the song and makes Indiana figure out of 
Legos.

So I liked it. Instead of watching tv or reading I played every day this week.
So I stink and haven't  beat the game but I see what Gee was talking about.
With a little tweeking  of Social Studies, Math, Reading  and problem solving 
could be learned by all. And dam it could be fun. 

I still have to learn the necessary skills to beat the game. I know that I am rusty.


No comments:

Post a Comment